1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In German crash test, China's Brilliance BS6 sedan fails miserably

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jun 23, 2007.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Jun 23 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]466941[/snapback]</div>
    Would that car be street legal in the US? Perhaps the Chinese company can partner with an American brand to penetrate the market like this: "Free BS with every Chrysler". Back in the day I seem to remember a Caddy dealer offering a free Yugo when a Caddy was bought. In any event, I hope they don't change the name.

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ouch! The offset frontal crash looked absolutely brutal.

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OMG; nasty!!

The part about the pedals moving a *foot and a half* into the passenger compartment speaks volumes...usually, the cowl/firewall structure of a car is the strongest area of all.

But, hey...it's got a *12 speaker sound system* and leather-faced seating surfaces, all for thousands less than its competitors!!!

It'll sell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Jun 23 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]466941[/snapback]</div>
    I think he's saying, "Holy sh*t, I'm not buying one of those pieces of crap!" but my German's a bit rusty....
    [smile]

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Uh oh. Someone's gonna get executed.

[See here for context.]

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Jun 23 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]466941[/snapback]</div>
    I think his words roughly translate to, 'the BS6 faired better than the BS5, but it is still BS.'
    Later he said something along the lines of, 'our driver dummy sustained massive facial contortions during the test, I don't think even a face transplant will allow him to return to work, ever.'
    (Those face ripples during the side impact test were nasty! :eek: )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Jul 6 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]474241[/snapback]</div>
    Not in China! Don't they also have a better healthcare system than we do? (It's cheaper, so it must be better.)
    At worst, I think he will be sentenced to driving a BS6. :lol:

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jul 6 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]474247[/snapback]</div>
    While *wearing* seat belts.

Test drivers working for Brilliance have found their chances for surviving an accident are significantly greater if they're simply flung from the wreckage.

8. Spoid

Spoid New Member

I guess the Chinese haven't paid attention to all the crumple zones and other safety features that other companies have built in. I love the shard of flying glass at the end of the first video.

And I want a job crashing cars.

9. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spoid @ Jul 6 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]474259[/snapback]</div>
    I think the whole car is a crumple zone. I saw that bit of windscreen too. I wonder if it decapitated a bystander dummy.

10. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Jul 6 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]474241[/snapback]</div>
    In those cases they bloody well deserve it. Here, the car's just a POS and the testing exposed that. The Germans should be doing some executin' if they allow that thing on the Strasses of Deutchland.