1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In Praise of 2010 5 AT Stereo

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ggood, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just spent a couple of months shopping for a clean natural non-boxy sounding home theater 5.1 system that would be good for music, TV and movies. This was not easy, especially since I was a complete noob at it and hadn't had a good stereo in decades. I initially started at the low end but then discovered I could actually still hear the difference in decent speakers, so started looking for something that would sound great for music but still have enough punch for home theater, without being huge monoliths taking up half the room.

All this is by way of introduction to the main point of my post, which is that all that research and listening to high end speakers made me really appreciate the sound put out by the JBL? setup in my Prius 5. It has plenty of volume and puts out a really clean balanced sound with plenty of detail and dynamics for a car stereo. I know there are plenty of headbangers who think it lacks punch, but it has more than enough for my tastes and the kind of music I listen too. Just made me want to give Toyota a shout out for giving me something decent to listen to when driving around.

FWIW, I eventually found speakers I am really happy with, from a small, really good company - they deserve a shout out for good service and an apple like devotion to good design and function - anthony gallo classico speakers, at roundsound.com.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm also happy with the stereo in my 2010 V. Very decent sound quality--and given the level of interior noise, anything higher quality (and cost) would likely be wasted (except when standing still :D).