1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In the Club

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pdxfilms, Apr 21, 2008.

1. pdxfilms

pdxfilms new pri guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I went into my dealer on Saturday to just look and finally test drive a Prius. Always been interested, started getting more so as my Golf diesel was pushing 90K and the fact that diesel is nearly $.70 a gallon more expensive than regular - and my mileage wasn't what it used to be (and no mechanic could tell me why).

Anyhow, we went in with absolutely no intention of buying. 4 hours later, we drove home with a Classic Silver #3 with custom leather & heated seats on order! The sales team at Broadway were great. Made it a bit too easy to part with my money - but I think I got a good deal, a nice value on my trade-in, and a really sweet new car!

So I'm happy to be a part of the club finally. I'm sure I'll be hanging around here as I learn the ins-and-outs of my new toy!

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Welcome to PriusChat. Congratulations on your Prius purchase. You are lucky that you got to drive the car off the lot, I am currently waiting for my special order to come in. You say that you have heated seats on order? If you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back? Thanks, I hope you find lots of information on the site, its really a wealth of knowledge.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, pdxfilms, and congratulations! A ton of info here, and check out the local meetup group too.

4. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    congrats and welcome

5. pdxfilms

pdxfilms new pri guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yeah, it was a bit of a shocker to be able to drive away. A bit sad though as we never had time for a proper goodbye to our beloved little Golf - a little trooper who rarely let us down.

The heated leather seats were a bit pricey (1800), but I was very impressed with the quality and feel of the leather. Seemed much thicker than the factory leather, and a lot softer. Definitely made the car seem so much more luxurious! I've had heated seats for so long now (Volvo, VW) that I just couldn't imagine not having them. The seats are done by a local company and the color choices and combinations were quite amazing. Kept it simple and went with a factory match, so they should blend in nicely.

thanks again and I look forward to participating! And Bill, I'll definitely check out the local group.