1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In the market for a certified pre-owned

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by GreenUGrad, Oct 12, 2010.

1. GreenUGrad

GreenUGrad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Folks!
    I am in the market for a used certified pre owned Prius. I really wanted to drive a prius but I don't think i can afford a new prius just yet (still in grad school)
    My local dealer in NH has two offers for me - 2006 model with navigation/backup camera ( 58000 miles) for around $14000 and a 2007 Standard (No navigation/camera) 25000 miles for around $15500

Based on initial impressions, i am leaning towards the 2006 model. More miles but it is closer to what i think i am comfortable paying and also does have the camera and navigation

Just wanted to see if anybody had any views on the purchase
    - how are the 2006 and 2007 models - any particular issues? I noticed a thread about issues with headlight lamps, battery vent fan and 12v battery in the 2006 . going to be searching the forum to find more information. if anybody can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Are these issues a deal breaker for the 2006?
    - What about the prices? Am i not being offered a good deal?

Being certified pre-owned it comes with 7yr/100000 miles warranty (powertrain) and 150000 (hybrid system). Being offered the certified platinum plan for used cars for addtnl 1200. (cant find any warranties for used cars on this site )

I am really looking forward to the views of the folks here!
    thanks !

2. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With your thorough analysis, you may have answered your own questions.

Check Kelly Blue Book, cars.com, and eBay for your prices... but with end-of-the-year 2010s approaching $20K, you might want to consider a new one... depending on your grad school major :D

As for 2006/2007 "issues," with this much technology, I think they're all gonna' have a few issues, regardless of year.