1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inadvertant influence?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RexChu, Jul 23, 2007.

1. RexChu

RexChu New Member

So, since I bought my Prius 2 months ago:

- a coworker has ordered hers and is waiting on delivery

- my wife's friend is seriously contemplating trading her Buick for an 08 model when they come out

and

- an old friend of mine just bought one after riding in mine recently

I love the car, but don't run around on a soapbox touting it's virtues, it was a personal decision to buy one, not to make a "statement".

Has anyone else experienced this? Noticed those around you buy the same car after seeing yours?

This is the third brand new car I've ever owned. Didn't happen with the first two...

Weird, in a good way! :D

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been at a Family Gathering this past weekend. I drove my cousin and her husband in it, now he wants to get one. I also let my brother drive it, and he really liked it (and he's a REALLY aggressive driver).

I thought seeing my other cousin's Hummer parked next to me would look really funny, and it did (especially, as my brother pointed out, I parked off-road and she didn't); but what looked MUCH funnier was seeing her Hummer next to my mom's Geo Metro. Fortunately, we only had one political discussion ("How can you think Bush isn't doing a wonderful job?").

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We have experienced the same thing.

Tom

4. ohershey

ohershey New Member

I think the funniest has to be the oldest generation of my family. Both my grandfather and my wife's, die-hard Republicans and "Buy American" fanatics, are seriously condidering the Prius as their next vehicle - but only after I explained that you could buy it without the navigation system. While they both dislike how "techy" the MFD interface is, the fuel economy, reliability, and low price more than offsets this. They are both depression survivors - value is an obsession for them.