1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Incentives coming soon?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Wiserone, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    All this hoopla abou the brakes on the prius seems to be getting ready to go away.

I have been waiting for the right time get a prius and test drove one yesterday. I am in love.

Should I wait and expect a incentive from Toyota?

2. georgew

georgew New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    think I heard about a $1,000 rebate on the news

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Think there may be a back door incentive to dealers already. A dealer in Pa. offered me a Prius at invoice.

4. Rhino

Rhino New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are there any incentives for the other recalled all ICE models? That should give us an indication of the trend.

5. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I would think that incentivising the cars would be a really good way to put a dollar figure on the damages caused to the cars they have already sold. If they do it, it will almost certainly be to the dealers, not directly to the consumers.

6. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Incentives vary by region. Gulf States is currently offering a $1000.00 Toyota Owner's Loyalty rebate on all Toyotas including hybrids. This expires at the end of February.

Some regions have special lease incentives on Prius. Some have lower interest rates.

Currently the interest in the Prius continues to be high. Most consumers after the facts are explained to them have continued to purchase the Prius. A couple of regions may have dealer cash avaliable. In the GST region however the only thing we have is the $1000.00 owner's loyalty rebate.

Will there be significant incentives on Prius coming to your region? No one really knows. However if interest in the Prius is any indication, if I was a betting man, I wouldn't place a large bet on any large incentives coming down.

7. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well I'm betting that a larger loyalty rebate might happen, Toyota's image is going to be shot at the end of all this.

8. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Markets operate by supply and demand. If dealer inventory increases because not as many people are buying cars, then they (dealers) have an incentive accept a lower purchase price.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - You don't get the deal you deserve, You get the deal you negotiate.

Keith

9. HelloMyPrius

HelloMyPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The price incentive only reward new buyers. How about existing owners? Actually study has shown that lower price does not improve loyalty. It just attracts a different segment of buyers. They should really think about how to improve the driver experience.

10. nc_driver

nc_driver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be as much Prius inventory as there was, say, just a month or two ago? I've been looking at the on-line inventory sites at NC Toyota dealers, and most have just a couple cars listed.

11. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There is definitly a hold back. I negotiated a prius IV at invoice.