1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Incorrect fog lamps? Upside-down? I'm lost.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ahanix1989, May 17, 2015.

1. Ahanix1989

Ahanix1989 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recent purchase of a 2004 model, when my gf was leaving for work I noticed she was flipping her highbeams on repeatedly. She couldn't tell which was high and which wasn't. For whatever reason, her foglamps are aimed practically at the sky -- from a distance of 20 feet, they were hitting my gutters.

They don't appear to be the OEM assembly -- the markings on the lens are different and the design is slightly different. I had the bumper off yesterday to replace her HID lamps and looked closer at the fogs. The lens says "TOP DOT SAE"... but on the bottom. Yet, it appears the only way they can physically be placed in the bumper is the current orientation. The bezels confused me too -- The US-driver's side said R and the US-passenger side says L. I thought directions were based on your left/right as you're sitting in the car, not looking at the front (which is why US is Left-hand-drive). The car was apparently in a minor accident -- the bumper is a CAPA-certified replacement and the new fogs are labeled 2015-01-17.

Doing a little more searching, it appears [[this]] is what they installed, which is notable different than the [[OEM design]] that has a cover over the bulb to prevent glare.

Edit: Apparently I can't post links yet.

I may have to go back to the dealership and ask who did the repairs.

Attached Files: