1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Increasing Membership

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by tag, Dec 5, 2003.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

When this forum began operation, someone, I believe it was Cedar McKay, started posting a link in the messages he posted on the Yahoo group. It was something to the effect, "please see my reply here:" and then linked to the message he had posted on Priuschat.com.

Anyone think this (or a reasonable facsimile) would be a good idea to increase membership here? I noticed that membership increased dramatically subsequent to posting those links and, IIRC, almost reached 200 within less than a week.

Any other ideas?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just to add a couple of my own ideas and other things I've discussed with tag, here's a few things to throw out there:

If you start a thread at Priuschat and it would be of interest to the rest of the Prius community, post the suject title and then a link to your thread over here at Priuschat.com. I've done a few of those over at the YGs and traffic has really jumped - just look at the 1,300+ page view "No more until 2005?" thread in Dealers & Pricing.

If you're a member here and would like others to know about this place, use something like 'www.priuschat.com' or 'Check out www.priuschat.com' as a signature of sorts to put at the end of your messages.

I'm sure that over time our membership will grow strong simply by the quality of the content and members here, but we're just brainstorming some marketing ideas.

If you have any to add, please post them!

3. FredWB

FredWB New Member

I used to go to rx8club.com before I decided it was crazy to get a car like that. I think the traffic there indicates lots of interest, but also lots of problems with the RX-8. Gas Mileage alone is over a thousand posts and not showing any signs of quitting. So I think we'll just have to live with a great car and slow (slower than the rx-8 site anyway) forum growth.

4. Mybrid

Mybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :wave: Here we are talking about the most advanced car of our time and I think we should have a site that stands up to that, ADVANCED :!:
    I think we have that here and this site WILL grow and as the old saying goes..............
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink :!:

I bounce back and forth , now and then, make a refrence to this site , try to lead one horse at a time in hope that he will drink :!: :wave:

5. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I for one refuse to post in the yahoo groups. It drives me INSANE trying to follow threads over there.

6. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Fred, do you have a link to the RX-8 forum? Thanx in advance.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And, just to add... that forum is exactly what I think this forum can be - the center of the Internet universe for the Prius and a real community.

9. tag

tag Senior Member

I've found some of the posts almost impossible to read; some text runs all the way to the right which puts it directly over the ads.

10. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome, thanx.

11. cybele

cybele New Member

I keep up with the Yahoo! Group mostly because Dianne is on there and I've ordered my car through her. (I'm on one of the last allocations of the year.)

I certainly find many of their discussions interesting, but I get irritated because I want more info from the posters - sometimes just their location would be helpful. I like the little info over by the avatars. If someone is complaining about car insurance, it sure helps to know where they live!

Once I become a user and not just a future buyer, I think I will be much more interested in coming exclusively to this board. I'm looking for the ability to get answers to questions and I understand how the threads here work. I get sick of people asking the same questions over and over again on the Yahoo! Board because they're no way to track-back on threads and so many people don't take advantage of the search function on the web-based version.

I certainly won't miss the Spiderman ads that seem to be popping up every other message I click on!