1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Independent Mechanic in Salt Lake City, UT

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by EastR, Apr 1, 2015.

1. EastR

EastR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone know of a good hybrid/Prius mechanic in or near Salt Lake City, UT for a 2010 Prius for general maintenance (fluids, nuts and bolts) and someone who can specifically diagnose and repair Priuses ("Prii")? Thanks in advance.

2. moore1289

moore1289 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Nobody ever responded to you? Did you end up finding a Prius friendly shop in SLC? There are so many Prius's here, I'd expect there are some shops that specialize in them!

3. EastR

EastR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No luck... lately it's been the dealership and Big O Tires. Let me know if you have any leads.

4. Woodsyofthwest

Woodsyofthwest New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Remember 'Car Talk?'

They developed a helpful mechanic's files directory, from which I found Autograff on 700 south ~150 west many years ago. They are honest and professional and always done my 2008 Prius well (though the prices are more than i can currently cover). They work with the Toyota dealer across the street for parts, etc.

And two personal requests .. If you become aware of any mechanics who might have an occasional special consideration for poor people... please let me know! I can perform other services in trade. After cycling transit-unfriendly suburbs for many months now, I am as eager as ever to come across income-generating work that generates positive impacts for all of us, society and the natural world.
    (It can be much more difficult for some than the corporate media often portrays.) perhaps it is inappropriate to post here, though ... it would allow for a couple of repairs and thereby enable exploration of the treasures of the lovely and sublime we humans sometimes forget! When we the last time you felt transformed in wilderness, or a campground?

(Sorry if this comes across anywhere near as needy as it feels, it is embarrassing, but if you come across either a helpful person who must help in this way or an opportunity (i am widely capable), please consider letting me know ... and thanks!)

#4 Woodsyofthwest, Jun 16, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2023