1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Independent mechanic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ramiro29, Dec 22, 2013.

1. ramiro29

ramiro29 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How can I find a local independent mechanic for hybrids near me? I tried googling it and couldn't find anything! Help please. Thanks in advance!

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    edthefox5 likes this.
  3. walpoleauto

walpoleauto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Any mechanic can really work on these cars. The only thing different about them is the Hybrid system which you shouldn't have to worry about. Brakes are regular brakes, oil and filter, oxygen sensors. It's essentially a normal car.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Its really annoying none of the new posters bother to list where they live and then ask a location dependent question.

Should be you can't proceed on the first time join/log in till that section is filled out.

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Sadly, they fail to understand that they are asking a position dependent question until a half dozen of us mention that we can't solve the problem they are having until we know where they are. Then it looks like we are 'dog piling'.