1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Indian Call Center Scammers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by stevepea, May 30, 2024.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm sure many of you are familiar with "Jim Browning" (an alias), as he's the most well-known of those who have fun with Indian call center scammers.

But for any of you who haven't seen his most famous video (the "Priya" one), take a look:

Jim is soft-spoken with an Irish accent, and his videos are both informative and hilarious.

The first couple minutes of this one are mostly silly things, but it's worth watching the whole video as a lot is explained in the first part and you can see the actual bosses of the scam center. However, the best part starts at 12:00, when, after hacking into their system and gaining control of their CCTV cameras, Jim reaches a scammer and tells her he can read minds over the telephone -- then for 20 minutes he "proves" he knows everything about her (her real name, who's currently sitting next to her, what they're wearing, etc) thanks to being able to monitor them real-time, freaking her out, all on hidden camera.

(When the scammers start waving their hands, that's a signal to their supervisors that something's wrong or they need help)

Classic.

#1 stevepea, May 30, 2024
    Last edited: May 30, 2024
    ETC(SS) and bisco like this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My YouTube bandwidth is maxed out presently with hobby related studies - but it would appear that Mr Browning is doing good things.
    I'm a big fan of his brother, John Moses.