1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Induction hot plate

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trollbait, Aug 3, 2024 at 9:12 AM.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Going to be some time before I redo the kitchen, so have been thinking of picking up an induction hot plate. Anybody have experience with them? Must have features? Brands to avoid? Etc. I just need a single, as I can fall back to the stove for the rare cases of needing two burners.

Thanks

2. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have had two of them. The first one, around 2006, is not made any longer, but it was very good. Only used in power outages, which were common. Gave it to my BIL after he and my "witchy" sister split.

When I learned that one was no longer made, bought a Duxtop. No longer deal with long, frequent power outages, so I have hardly used it. Paid $60 for it, which is what I paid for the other model.

It works. Don't like it as well...they have several models. Love my built-in induction GE.

Hmmm, features....I focused on bare bones utility. I know having higher power is something you for sure want if your electrical system can handle it. We were sort of limited by our 1,000 watt Honda generator.
    kris

#2 cyberpriusII, Aug 3, 2024 at 10:44 AM
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2024 at 10:50 AM
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The cheap $15 ones with coils from Walmart are hit or miss... Sometimes they last several years or longer, sometimes not. The induction plate ones seem to fail quickly and are slower to heat up and less reliable if you're using it every day.