1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Infant car seats in a Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by 2015Prius2, Sep 28, 2013.

1. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We are due with our first child in early march, I just want to get ahead of the game..... I saw one thread a while back that talked about this, but nothing too specific was mentioned. Can anyone provide a brand and model of a car seat that fits in the Prius C? We are looking at a seat that will clip in to a stroller and a base that is left in the "C". Just worried that most of them won't fit.

2. Priusxrs

Priusxrs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Pretty much any seat will fit in. Our car has seen 3 different seats all used the anchor in the seat and the one on the rear of the seat. We have now moved up to a booster and baby seats in the back.

SGH-T889 ? 2

3. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Most of the stores I've contacted say they don't have a way to test fit in cars, but I just got off the phone with Buy Buy Baby and they said that they have a demo model of every car seat they carry and I can test fit them all if I want to. That makes me feel a little better, I still worry that the drivers seat will interfere with the car seat (I'm 6'4" 260lbs)

Anyway, thanks for your reply, it made me feel less hopeless and got me making more phone calls

4. Priusxrs

Priusxrs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    When my son was small and we only had just him he was in the middle but was close to our seats. Im 5'7" and my other half is 5'1" so u might have issues that way wasnt thinking that way. Gl

SGH-T889 ? 2

5. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, definitely go somewhere you can test fit first. You probably want to put it in the middle, which might help fitment, but your height and modern rear-facing seats are going to be a tough combination in a lot of cars, let alone a C.

Note that many cars are not designed for LATCH in the center position. Check your owners manual and use the seat belt if necessary.

6. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys...

We went to Buy Buy Baby today and it answered a few questions. We test fit a few different seats and bases in the car and learned I couldn't have my seat in a comfortable position if the car seat was in the middle of the back seat, looks like it will have to go behind the passenger seat. Had good luck with a Chicco and a Britax seat, once we make a final purchase I will post model numbers and links in case someone runs across this post down the road.

I tell you what, with this being our first child and we are in our mid 30's, I have never felt as overwhelmed as I did today when they convinced us to start scanning for our registry. I'm a nerd when it comes to researching everything before I purchase, and I am completely lost on everything baby related. It kinda made my head spin today. Good thing we still have 5 months to get it all done!!

7. Priusxrs

Priusxrs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Trust u I know what u mean. When I drove to the hospital we were going over 100mph to get there and have the baby on the way home just in aww over him we went 25mph. Kids will change you for sure but u get used to it and im sure u will adapt to learning child stuff easy.

SGH-T889 ? 2

8. Jake123

Jake123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Look at this thread:
    Prius C with a little one? | Page 2 | PriusChat

We have the Britax Chaperone and it works well. Also, one of the pictures there shows the B-Agile stroller standing up in the back... I have since found that it fits flat in the back. Just get the large wheel behind the plastic lip and the hatch will close. It's a tight fit but works.