1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Infinity 6010cs speakers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PA Prius, Oct 14, 2007.

1. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've been considering upgrading our front speakers with the 6010cs's ('04 non-JBL) because of what I read here on PC, but then after going to Crutchfield to order I read the reviews there and they are described as wretched speakers-- tweeters far too harsh and no mid-range.... Any counsel?

PA P

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA Prius @ Oct 14 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]525524[/snapback]</div>
    Well, first of all, no one with a clue buys speakers from Crutchfield, so you have to consider that all the reviews were written by clueless end users.

They're $99 speakers. For $99, they're decent IMHO. Spend twice as much or five times as much and of course you can get a better speaker. But they're fine for the price in my opinion. When I had them in my Prius I was running them off the -3db tap on the crossover, and -1 on the treble tone control to help tame the tweeter.

I strongly suggest you at least go and listen before you buy, and decide for yourself. You might find no speaker gives you the sound you're looking for, and that there's no point in upgrading your stereo. Or you may find a pair of $1400 Diamond Audio D9s are so amazing that you have to have them. Buying without listening first is insane.