1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Infinity 62.7i Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ibcs, Mar 11, 2006.

1. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    First I would like to thank Sparky's Guide to rear door speaker replacement.

I have the 2006 JBL 9 speaker system. I was not happy with the bass. I ordered and installed the Kenwood KSW-SW1 which added subtle bass from the rear of the car. Had I not already ordered the rear speakers, I would have stopped with the subwoofer. Let me say, I'm so, so glad that I did not stop at that point.

I've included pictures of the whole process including the stock speaker which was much bigger than the one Sparky pictured in the 2005 Prius. They definately tried to improve the sound quality with a larger magnet speaker.

The directions were perfect. I did break a drill bit, by putting too much pressure on the original speaker rivot, but it came out easily. I added Dynamat, silver stuff pictured around black plastic mounting bracket, to make sure the speakers did not rattle. By the way, the whole process took about 2 hours to complete.

My observations are incredible. The speaker volume from the back speakers was dropped considerably. Instead of having the volume on 15, I know have it at 20. The new speakers definately have more bass than the original and since the volume must be increased to drive the back speakers, I prefer sound coming from behind me instead of blarring from the front, the subwoofer is twice as effective. I now have to turn the Kenwood subwoofer to midway to avoid feeling like I at a concert. I would say that by replacing the rear speakers the system is much better than the Bose system in our Yukon. In the Sound setup of the Audio system I shifted the sound to the rear by two notches and this is the best sound system I've ever had in a car.

I hope the pictures inspires someone else if they want the most from the JBL system.

2. benighted

benighted New Member

Excellent. I replaced my rear speakers with the Infinity 62.7i and the front with 62.7cs in my 2005 non-JBL. They make a world of difference along with a subwoofer.

3. Dr Rocket

Dr Rocket New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benighted @ Mar 11 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]223703[/snapback]</div>
    Can someone post on their success with the front tweeter installation and woofer? Also, where do you put in an amplifier?