1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Infinity reference 6020

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by smittylube, Jan 5, 2008.

1. smittylube

smittylube Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    (base stereo) Well I read & read & finally went to hear for myself at the local stereo shop - I figured from most comments I would be getting an amp & new speakers. SO I liked the sould of the reference for the front & kappa for the rear. I ordered the new Kenwood 10 amped sub- replaces the 1.
    I had some time yesterday & did my front doors- Full dynomat outer shell & most of the inner skin- used just aboout the whole 4 sheets, installed my tweets as one suggested drilling & zip tie for mounting, used the plasic mount for the woofs, using silicone sealer to the door panel, then installed the clear plastic & was able to place the Xover forward of the release handle inside to stay dry. I hooked up the tweets at 0 db

Took me about 6 hours give or take.
    first thing I noticed was much crispier sound, reset my base & treb. to neutral.

On the way home listening it saw quieter on this stormy drive than previuosly dry read. and the bass is superb even WO the sub yet.

I am very excited to get the dynamat into the rear doors as well as the kappas & sub to round it out. I has plenty of volumn so far & I expect it to be even better when the rear doors are done.
    Steve