1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Info" button on steering wheel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Joel, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Joel

Joel New Member

Just noticed mine has new behavior since I had my TSB update to the ECM and my MFD replaced. Now when I press the Info button, it will toggle between "Consumption" and "Energy". Pretty cool.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, it seems to be the MFD that is the thing for that. Maybe the ECM has a roll, but a couple other people that had to have MFDs replaced got the new functionality. Kinda wish they'd drop my MFD at the service dept. or something so I could get that! :( :roll:

3. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    my car has always done that...got it on 8/4... someone must have fixed it before giving it to me....

Bob Andersen

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"41591)</div>
    The later releases had that feature, us early guinea pigs don't have it and can't get it unless our MFD fails and has to be replaced. Not sure I've ever wished for my car to break before, but I sure wish I could switch b/w Energy and Consumption without touching the MFD.

5. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"41621)</div>
    Evan, I think that's called TWEAKING... or up grading... or lastly...from the engineers point of view..."Damn, that's cool...we should have done it sooner"

6. peart75

peart75 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"41621)</div>
    Evan, maybe you need to come up w/ a prius MFD version of the Ethernet Killer =]

-drew

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have to say that I don't get it. Is this not wholly managed in software. Why can't the early adopters have this done?? I would think that there is a "update" of the software. I think and I expect this to be done. I can not believe that this is hard wired!

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas\";p=\"41713)</div>
    hydry, I hope you're right. But, the Japanese Prius guys were, as usual, the first to discover this and aggressively looked for a way to implement it on the early versions, but were (AFAIK) unsuccessful.

It's probably one little circuit or something that makes all the difference.