1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Info On My XM Trial??

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by radiocycle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like the XM programing on our PiP. It's all new to us but it looks like we have about a dozen channels. Cool service and I understand it's on a 3 mo. trial basis. Can anyone tell me where/how I can check the time we have left in the trial and how much to subscribe etc. I know I can look at XM on line but is there a place where I can see my specific account info?

Lovin' our new PiP, but lots to learn!

radio

2. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wait! I think I've found it on the XM site... my bad.

3. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Anyone know what model is in the car? Sirius has an a la carte package of 50 channels for about $8 per month....but it is only available for the Starmate 5 or Stratus 6 models....

4. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't know the model but the trial should last 90 days and as far as i can tell all channels are available.

with the leaf, the trial expired right after i picked up the car. so i called them and they reinstated me for a 6-month trial. and then when it expired, for about 2 months they called me almost EVERY OTHER NIGHT trying to get me to sign up. it was up there with the most annoying experiences in my life.

hopefully with the prius they don't have any way to know your phone number or email address and this will not happen to you. but who knows, the dealers may report this info to sirius...

5. dsss

dsss New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    SiriusXM is the WORST. I had to go through major hoops (including calling corporate) to get my Lifetime sub moved over to my PiP. They even tried to charge me $75 as a transfer fee which I got waived after they discovered there was NO WAY for them to keep the three years of Data service that comes with the advanced model active with a Lifetime sub. they basically told me it's one or the other as the data and music subs need to map and there is no lifetime plan for data. Naturally I kept my music lifetime sub and am living without the traffic data, etc... but the bottom line is their business operations suck.

6. cheeseguy

cheeseguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dsss I couldn't agree more. Its only a matter of time before they go out of business! I had to cancel the credit card just to cancel them! Its as if they only have one operator answering millions of phone calls to cancel the service! They constantly call me to sign me up again. I tell them no!

7. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and to be honest they have packed just way too many stations into their available bandwidth. so much so that when the DJs come on they are running something like 2khz of bandwidth. the DJs all sound like they are at the bottom of a tin can.

8. tommygun

tommygun Who was that masked man?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've been a SiriusXM subscriber since 2005. While it's still the best way to listen to the radio while driving, the customer service is the absolute worst of any organization I've ever encountered. Waiting on hold for up to an hour to speak to a rep is the norm. I have complained to anyone who will listen (after getting through) and responded in the same way to the "feedback" emails (Hah!) I've gotten. If I weren't addicted to the radio I'd have quit them long ago.

9. cheeseguy

cheeseguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    @tommygun- I was hooked because I was a Howard Stern fan, but when he started to go to 3 days a week, I said that was it. I am not paying while he is on vacation. I am now enjoying pandora streaming on my phone thru the bluetooth on my other cars. I sold my 2010 Prius 5 while waiting for my pip...I cant wait to have my pip soon!

10. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Someone told me one day that Sirius stock had hit 17 cents per share; I had about $80 sitting in my Ameritrade account, so I bought a few hundred shares at 17 cents per. Big spender.

Hearing all your horror stories, I'm not surprised it plummeted so low; I just wish now I'd bought about $1000 worth, because i'm up about 572%! My profit is in the--well, low--3 figures... :)