1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Information screen Oil changes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by IABoy987, May 14, 2014.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My 2011 Prius information display started showing oil change logo several weeks ago then disappears. Then today it stayed on permanently. I referred to the manual and found how to reset it, no problem. What I am curious is how often it will pop up ie every 3K miles like my old 2006 model? The dealer has put in synthetic oil good for 10K miles. At present, I am at 21+K miles when the logo popped up. The window sticker says I should change it in October or 26K miles.
    This car has the nav with sat radio package (whatever its package number is) and I did a memory erase to erase all previous owner data. I then pulled up the maintenance screen for oil and it had blank entries, so the information display pop up wasn't coming from there, thus I assume the oil change is "hard coded" into the nav package software.

Just curious if there is way to change mileage intervals and any other tidbits about this package.