1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Informative Speech

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alexstarfire, Oct 10, 2007.

1. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member

OK, I' not really going into too much detail on the speech I'm giving about hypermiling. The only real problem I seem to have ATM is the amount of sources I need, 3 or more. That's no big deal by itself but I'm having trouble writing the bibliography for this site. I'm wondering if someone could help me with it.

I'm trying to use the Citation Machine, do a Google search for it, but I can't seem to find anything about this site, really. It also makes me wonder if I can even cite a forum. Of course, I may just go ahead and use some random articles on the internet for my "sources" even if they really aren't.

Some help would be appreciated, and I know that this isn't an Enlgish class or forum, but as I need help with THIS site I thought it'd be a good idea to post it here.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What is an Infromative Speech? :D

Tom

3. snakeman

snakeman New Member

I'd cite the "author" as the forum name for the person posting, list it as "personal communication" and then add the direct link to the thread here and an "accessed on" notation.

For example:

Alexstarfire; personal correspondence; PriusChat forums, http://priuschat.com/Infromative-Speech-t39658.html; accessed 10/10/2007

At least, that's how I would do it if I needed to include something here as an end note. Of course, whether or not the person reviewing your material considers an internet forum as a "legitimate source" is another thing entirely.....

Good luck.

4. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member

Yea, that is a good question, which is why I've pretty much decided to just use articles I find on the net.

An Informative Speech is a speech to inform someone on a subject. In this case I'm informing my class on hypermiling. I figured it was a good idea since my speech only needs to be about 7 minutes long and it's something everyone can relate to. Every hates gas prices, and what's the the best way to save money on gas? Getting better MPG of course.

Should be easy too, since I already know most of the stuff. It's more a matter of organizing the stuff into sections like schools force you to do. Due tomorrow so I need to get back to work. Yes, I'm a big procrastinator, but it works pretty well for me.