1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inherited 04 Plate T3 Prius query

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hullblazer, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hullblazer

Hullblazer New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all, newbie here.

Dad's been "medically revoked" and has pushed me into taking his FSH Prius (I loved my Ford...).

Getting used to a different style of driving but I have a couple of questions, or bugbears, that I hoped you'd help with?

First - the adjustable steering wheel/column. I get about an inch of "up and down" and no "in and out". Am I missing something or is this model really that worthless in that regard?

Second - the column occasionally has a tick-vibration that is felt in the steering wheel (barely). Any clues?

Any help would be much appreciated.

P

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi and welcome to PriusChat.

Sorry to hear about your dad, it is always a blow when one looses that independence.

It is always good to have a full service history when you get a new car, sounds like your dad looked after it.

1) Unfortunately the steering adjustment is only up and down, it is 13 years old after all.

2) Check that the car has had the steering shaft recalls performed, it should have as it was regularly serviced. But if the service advisor/coordinator dropped the ball, maybe it got overlooked. Once the recall is done the steering become much tighter. If it is not that maybe something is developing in the steering/suspension. But there are no known common faults in that area AFAIK.

Hope that is of some help.