1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inhofe gets the boot!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Alric, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "Sen. Barbara Boxer of California will soon take over as chairwoman of the U.S. Senate Environmental Public Works Committee. Major policy shifts on global warming, air quality and toxic waste are expected as she is one of the most liberal members of the Senate. And she's replacing one of the most conservative Republicans, James Inhofe of Oklahoma."

This is one of the three best things that happened at the recent election.

#1 Getting rid of Rick "man-on-dog" Santorum
    #2 Inhofe gets the boot
    #3 John Bolton will get the boot

This is bad news for the climate change contrarians. Inhofe called climate change "a hoax" and his "expert" witness was Michael Crichton... :p

Cheers!

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This is *GREAT* news! Dragonfly's doing the happy dance!

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow. It just gets better and better.

4. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

It is, indeed, Morning In America for most
    Mourning In America for the rest

See! We all have much in common!
    We are once again, United.

5. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Nov 10 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]346885[/snapback]</div>
    I SO agree with you. It meant more to me that Santorum got thrown out on his ear than Allen getting beaten in my own state.

Can we add Rummy stepping down? I know it was allegedly planned before the election and wasn't actually part of a VOTE, but d'ya think they'd have followed through if the GOP had retained control?

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I won't count my chickens until we see if all these new Democratic committee chairs actually change anything.

7. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry. I am still giddy over this. We have just saved the Artic Wildlife Refuge!

Attached Files:

8. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I agree -- this is super news. The EPA has been turned into a rubber stamp for the shrub's ostrich agenda, leaving only the congressional committees to provide environmental stewardship.

9. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Nov 10 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]347319[/snapback]</div>
    Don't apologize. You should be giddy!

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    One chicken, two chickens, three chickens... eeerrrmm, well, eggs, actually...

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Of all the good news this past week, this is the best.

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 11 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]347591[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. Read this on Nov. 7 when Haggard was still news.

Evangelical summer camp closes

"The film also features scenes with disgraced evangelical leader the Rev. Ted Haggard, who resigned as pastor of the 14,000 member New Life Church in Colorado Springs last week after a gay sex and drug scandal."

The Blog

"In one scene in Jesus Camp - now fervently making its way around the blogosphere and late night talk shows - Haggard unabashedly speaks out in his Sunday sermon against homosexual behavior, as he often did on the national political scene. His devoted parishioners were proud of Pastor Ted's outspoken nature and strong relationship with the Bush administration, which included regular phone calls to the White House. He represented the interests of 30 million Evangelicals, voicing their desire to overturn Roe v. Wade, stop stem cell research and assure that homosexuals did not benefit from the the slew of social and economic protections of marriage."

"One of the issues raised by radio host Mike Papantonio in our film Jesus Camp is the concern by some Christians that a marriage between a political party and a religious group is a dangerous and slippery slope for both. The intertwining of the GOP and Evangelical Christianity is currently playing itself out on the national stage via the Ted Haggard saga."

"Hypocrisy and outrage over Haggard's double life aside, the goings on here speak to a bigger trend relevant to all of us: allowing religion and politics to manipulate each other to their own ends taints both the political process and the credibility of religious groups--a lose-lose scenario for everyone."

--- from the co-directors of Jesus Camp.