1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

initial with 30miles when purchased

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NewType, Jun 4, 2005.

1. NewType

NewType New Member

After a few weeks of pain and headach (not from the Prius, but the people who sold me the Prius :pukeright: ), I start checking everything about my car. :x

I recalled that (and also on the contract) that the car had initially 30 miles on it. I was wondering if this is a "big" number to other people. Yes, this is my first new car purchase, so I have overlooked many things. Any commons are welcome. :roll:

Basically, I want to know if there is a reason why this Prius was like a "left over" at the Dealer... :|

Thanks!

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They probably let a few people test drive it....

Mine had 3 miles at time of purchase. They run each car on a test track at the factory, load it on and off a truck, and drive it in for prep and inspection at the dealer. Then they park it and drive it up for you when you come to buy it.

Anything more than a few miles sounds like they used it for a few test drives to me.

Our Pri is the first new car we've ever bought as well. Don't feel bad. These things happen. It's a learning experience, next time you'll know what to ask beforehand :)

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    30 miles is no big deal.

If it makes you feel any better, my wife's Honda Pilot had 250 miles on it when we picked it up "new" but it was driven across the state to the dealer. The dealer "added" 250 miles to the warranty. We actually had a $500 repair covered without question by Honda when the SUV was 3,000 miles PAST the warranty.

My 2005 Prius had 0.4 miles on the Trip Odometer and 0 on the main odo.

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine had 3 miles on it. My dealer told me he drove it around to make sure everything is ok, and got gas for it. So I guess he sounded reasonable. You should prob ask your dealer why it is 30 according to the "Prius pick up check list".

Have fun with ur Prius!!

Scott

5. kinghuang

kinghuang Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Mine had ~2800km (1740 miles) on it.

6. stormeye

stormeye New Member

mine was 2 miles. Too bad I didn't take my digital camera so I could keep a picture as a souvenir :)

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine at 3kms. Lowest I've seen. The past 2 cars had 40kms (so I'm guessing they did a road test pre-delivery inspection)

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:564e93b7d1]My Silver Cloud had 72 miles from test drives. I know I did a couple of test drives at other dealers in other cars, so I can't complain. Also, the warranty got bumped by 72 miles, so no sweat for me.[/font:564e93b7d1]

9. AfonsoSilva

AfonsoSilva New Member

I got mine with 50 miles on it. It arrived at the dealership on a Friday, for someone else who had spoken for it. However this guy withdrew from the waiting list, and I was the next one in line. It was the exact configuration and color I wanted. For whatever reason the dealer only called me on Sunday AM, and by the time I got there about 10 people had driven it around the block.

I inspected the car, everything was OK, so I took it. At first site, the 50 miles bothered me, but then I thought: The car is in perfect condition, clean, and maybe a few of the 10 people who test-drove it will get a Prius instead of, say, a RAV4 or a CRV. So why let that bother me? Besides, a month from now what difference will it make that it was driven around the block a few times?

Congratulations on your acquisition, and enjoy your machine!!!

10. Beacher

Beacher Member

Ours had 4 miles on it, and I was happy to see it had so few. But, I think Alfonso makes a good point... a few test drives aren't a huge deal.

Or maybe they discovered a minor problem when doing the pre-delivery road test and had to sort it out. I wouldn't be too worried about 50.

11. tstreet

tstreet New Member

12. SDiego

SDiego New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Dealer I bought mine from, had a Demo, so I do wonder sometimes why mine had 36 miles on it, though no big deal to me at all. I figure thats a few cycles and tests to make sure no idiot lights came on, and if they did, they did what it takes to get that resolved. So for me, it maybe a good thing.

13. Blue-Adept

Blue-Adept Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    3 miles - gas up and test drive by service to make sure it did not have an alignment issue due to being shipped. Those truckers torqe the chains on the truck and can mis-align a car. I asked them not to let anyone test drive it.

14. darkpyro

darkpyro New Member

17 miles. And I made it a point when I was purchasing my first car to not get the one I sat in that had 48 miles on it. I guess I just didn't feel like it was as new . :lol: It didn't matter much though beacause I've driven it 5,500 miles and I've had it for 3 months. I remember the dealer telling me that the car is considered new all the way up to 1,000 miles! Scary... :|

15. ~sparky~

~sparky~ New Member

18 miles (kinda like reaching adulthood, right?)

16. majordude

majordude Member

My Prius had TWO!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Before I ordered mine I saw a couple at 15 and one at 53 or something.

I have a Jeep that I bought 10 years ago with 101 miles on it. Best vehicle I ever owned.

I'd only get concerned if they rented it out to a couple of college kids over spring break or if they drove those 30 miles in reverse or with the parking break on.

8)

It sounds like you have "buyers remorse" and are nit-picking over things.

:idea:

17. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

18. Dr.Jay

Dr.Jay New Member

20 miles on mine.
    I know it was out once for a test drive and I put at least 10 miles on it test driving it the same evening.
    Got my Prius by accident you could say. . .
    The car came in for for someone who had it on order and then backed out of the deal at the last minute. So I drove it home.

19. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ours had 5

20. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My car had 8 miles on it, but as I bought it out of town I flew in to pick it up and the airport was I would guess 3-4 miles and the dealer picked me up at the airport and drove my new car out to pick me up.