1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Initiative for FULL Camera and DVD integration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by naterprius, Oct 19, 2004.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This topic is for investigating and posting FULL integration solutions for the Prius for Backup Camera and DVD. Please post ideas about loosely integrated or hacked solutions in other topics.

Here is the definition:
    -The backup camera will be considered to be fully integrated when placing the car in reverse causes the camera to display regardless of other modes using the REAL capabilities of the MFD. Basically, OEM equivalent. Likely this will also say "Check surroundings for Safety" upon success.

-The DVD will considered to be fully integrated when pressing "Disc" on the radio or "Mode" on the steering wheel causes "DVD" to display on the screen, video from an external player to be displayed, audio to be channeled, and, CONTROL of the external DVD player are available on the touchscreen while vehicle is stopped. In motion video would be considered a mod. ;-)

How is this even possible? The Land Cruiser offers hope for BOTH of these initiatives. The L/C has both the backup camera AND the external DVD player available. It also has a MFD that is practically identical to the Prius. (Fuel consumption history is scary!). My first task is to investigate pinouts and modules for the L/C and these accessories, then to search for reasonably priced parts, then try them on the Prius.

The other possibility for FULL DVD integration may be from eclipse. The eclipse DV3101 has a connector on it with many unused pins. It is possible that these may be fully integrateable with Toyota. This is still up for investigation.

Any thoughts for the FULL integration are greatly appreciated. These may include:
    -Other Toyota observations
    -Lexus observations
    -Foreign stuff
    -Eclipse info
    -Anything else that is FULLY integrated (like ipod2car).

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Land Cruiser uses a module to adapt the video camera, and essentially intercept the video headed to the MultiDisplay from the NAV ECU. I have checked, and all pins are available on the Prius to use this module. I will check on the price for this module.

Nate

3. Eisenson

Eisenson New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Don't be impatient - this is coming. Our community's Number One Guru will make an announcement before Christmas on this, and also on the single most requested mod ever sought on the Prius.

And *please* don't pester - that will just delay these jewels and get me in hot water! Hint: do you agree?