1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inno Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by thetuningspoon, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. thetuningspoon

thetuningspoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just purchased a roof rack for my 2008 Prius after doing some shopping. I looked at Yakima and Thule but both were more than I wanted to spend, and both seemed to have mixed reviews on installation. Then I saw someone mention the Inno brand on this forum, but nobody was able to confirm whether these were any good or not.

Anyway, I found a package deal on Amazon for under $300 and decided to take a chance:

I put them on this morning and went for a spin. The installation was easy and the fit is perfect. I put a strip of Xpel tape under each clamp where it fastens under the door frame, both to protect the paint and to mark the correct location if I take the racks off.

They don't look terribly aerodynamic, but I didn't notice much whistling while driving. I'm sure at higher speeds it would become more noticeable, but I didn't crack above 60mph on my first drive with them.

So far I'm very happy.

IMG_8886.JPG IMG_8887.JPG IMG_8888.JPG IMG_8889.JPG

#1 thetuningspoon, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Moua, SFO, m.wynn and 2 others like this.
  2. thetuningspoon

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, I don’t know how this ended up in the Prius Prime forum. Could someone please move to Gen II? :sleep:

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great write up and pics, thank you!(y)
    just click the report button at the bottom of your post and ask, that will notify the moderators.

thetuningspoon likes this.
  4. thetuningspoon

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just an update after going on the highway today... There is definitely a whistle from the racks when you get up above 60 mph. It is sort of a lower mid-range tone. I probably won't keep these on all the time for that reason.

5. Davidude

Davidude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Can you post a link of all the parts you bought? I've wanted a roof rack for my 05 for a few months now, I can't spend $5-600 on one though. Think yours would carry two kayaks?

6. thetuningspoon

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Davidude, just saw this now. I included a link to the Amazon listing in my original post. The Amazon listing includes all of the necessary parts. The part numbers are INSUT, INB127, and K705.

I bought mine to move building supplies. I think the weight limit is 175lbs. It should be able to support anything that any other similar roof rack system would.

Here is a picture from last week, moving 4 sheets of 1/2" plywood:

IMG_9097.JPG IMG_9098.JPG IMG_9099.JPG

I took it slow (no highways!) and I didn't have any trouble.

Also, an update on the whistling: When it is dry out, I don't hear any whistling. This only happens when it is wet or raining.