1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inputting into navigation system while driving

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Doug Baer, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Doug Baer

Doug Baer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Why can't a passenger ask the navigation system to do searches while in motion. The problem is bad enough for us that we carry a portable Garmin so that we can search for gas, food, shopping etc while driving. Can't Toyota reprogram this if enough people complain? For me, I feel ripped off.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

There is a hack to allow input on the screen while driving but it costs money. There a thread on here about it, search for something like society hack, I think that's the name of it.

You can also just use the voice recognition system built into the vehicle. It is MUCH better in the 2010 than in the GenII. I turned off the option so it doesn't always talk to me when I press the voice button... really speeds thing up a bit.

Edit - Found the thread: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...-prestigious-society-navi-hack-installed.html

1 person likes this.
  3. Ongs-Hat

Ongs-Hat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, I just picked up my 2010 last night and was hoping that I could turn off that feature! Now off to re-read the navi-manual.