1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inquiring Minds Need To Know !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fogball, Dec 15, 2006.

1. fogball

fogball New Member

Page 79 of the 2006 Prius Owners Manual warns us not to attach a microphone to the front windshield (among other places). OK I won't; Why would I want to??? Who in this wide world does this sort of
    forbidden installation??? I got one heck of a disconnect on the necessity of referring to a microphone/
    windshield attachment. Can someone please set me straight on this caution item. TNX

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Seems to be a warning along the lines of "Don't run with scissors" and "Don't let babies play with plastic bags". Maybe a microphone could become a projectile in an accident if just glued on the windshield. It does seem like a bizarre warning. Don't light fireworks while filling your gas tank.

3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Microphones pick up small vibrations and noises. Windshield seems like one of the places that have vibrations and wind noises. That is my guess, of course.

In CA, attaching anything to the windshield is ticketable offense. Just so that you know.

4. fogball

fogball New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ceric @ Dec 16 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]363331[/snapback]</div>

Cheeeeeezzzzzz----I better ditch my fuzzy dice!!!!

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That is a rather bizarre warning. Why not just issue a general warning not to attach "stuff" to the windshield?

Maybe in Japan it's a popular thing to do?

6. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I wish I would have known that before I installed one to my windshield back in early 2022. Now look at me, I have to use gas to fuel this thing. At least I can look forward to investing in Zadacam levitation devices in 2013. :D

7. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    They may be referring to cell phone vehicular adaptors. They come with a speaker and microphone and the mic is attached with double sided tape. You are supposed to attach it to a visor, but I've seen some installers attach it to the windshield. I have used the steering column with good results. The object is to get it as far from the speaker as possible.

8. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Beale @ Dec 19 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]364293[/snapback]</div>
    I think something like this must have been what was anticipated, or after market bluetooth kits, etc.

P.S. its also not good to use your mother-in-law as a hood ornament :lol: :lol: