1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inside Story: 2010 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A thousand points of patent: that’s the wordspeak on Toyota’s press material for the Third-Gen 2010 Prius, which benefits from a massive re-jig, regardless of what the silhouette would have you think. Eco-savvy plastique, available solar-powered ventilation systems, and blue hue badges may be enough to snag the tree-huggers, but if you can’t put your Acai energy smoothie in the cup receptacle, then what exactly was the point? The sharpened stick of that point has been made even more ouchie, with the arrival of the Honda Insight, compete with a paltry MSRP. The wallet dent on this week’s Prius tester is $27,500 (prices shown do not include freight, taxes, regional or promotional incentives.) Should a two-mode hybrid be in your future? As far as I’m concerned, definitely maybe. Let’s see what the cupholders say:

CanadianDriver Inside Story Inside Story: 2010 Toyota Prius

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I own a '05 package 6 Prius with 123K on it at present. Aside from HID bulbs and a water pump replacement for a drip, it has been a perfect car. I will absolutely replace it with a Gen III package V with AT when the time is right, likely when the '11 model year is available. I have owned a ton of cars and just purchased a '10 MBZ E couple last week. I still love my Prius and will get another one.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Did you get the E-Class Coupé or the sedan? (sorry, I mean saloon hehe)