1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inside the Twin Towers & The Pentegon

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Sep 3, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It aired on Chanel 41 "Discovery" Sept. 3rd , I stayed glued to my seat. I found it intresting to see how somany helped each other and saddening that so many stayed to await instructions of what to do. The documentry showed how the planes hit thier targets and the heat from the fires melted the planes.

How about you? What did you think?

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Im guessing no one saw it... :mellow:

The ending reminded everyone to never forget 9/11.. ;)

I guess no one saw it.. :(

3. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 3 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]313796[/snapback]</div>
    I, too, was glued to my seat. The horror of the violence and the difficult decisions that many had to make was really hard to take..Do I help this person in the stairwell and have the real possibility of leaving my wife a widow and children without a dad...Not a situation anyone would want to be in....yet those who drove the airliners into the buildings were obviously just as committed to what they thought was right...As crazy as that might sound to many of us...Bottom line...we humans are strange in many ways....we can only try to do our best every day and hope and pray that this world takes a turn for the better!!! Maybe in a different sort of way, we who are Prius owners have started taking a very small step in a good direction. Being mindful of our natural resources and environment. Hopefully, our enthusiasm will lead others in the same direction.

4. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a great documentary on National Geographic Channel On Demand available until October 5th titled "Inside 9/11" It really goes in depth into the history of terrorism, the 93 bombing, and all the other events that lead up to 9/11 and then really dissects the events in the towers, the pentagon, on the ground, and on the planes... its about a 3 1/2 hour documentary in 4 parts... But if you dont have On Demand cable yet... GO GET IT!!!

5. tazman

tazman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I have tried to watch everything I can about 9/11. From the TV documentaries to the movie WTC. Not out of morbid fasination, but to remind me of the autrocities commmitted against our country. The only things I have not been able to watch are those shows that deal with flight 93. A good family friend was aboard that plane.
    I have also watched alot of the conspiracy videos that are running around on the internet. If you have not seen any of these, you should look for them and see what a select number of people have theorized the truth about 9\11 to be. I will let you judge these for yourself. Being that I have been a member of the US Mililtary for 26+ years, I feel it is important for everyone to remember why Pres Bush decided to get into this war and these TV shows and movies help do that. It's for all those that have died in the US as well as other countries at the hands of those that call themselfs terrorists. The same reasons for the US to have been in WWl and WWll. Different terrorist leaders, same results. God bless the USA.

6. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

I really wanted to watch the Discovery Channel 9/11 show, but my TiVo was otherwise [ahem] preoccupied with my husband's love affair with the SciFi channel.

By any chance, did anyone TiVo it? Or does anyone know if it will play again? On 9/11 perhaps?

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tazman @ Sep 5 2006, 04:40 AM) [snapback]314437[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with u 100%.
    G-d Bless the USA and those in harms way protecting us.

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I am awaiting all the conspiracy theorists on PC to start posting here. These shows were good because they were Discovery channel and nat'l Geographic. Wait until MTV, CNN, BET, NBC, ABC, CBS start THEIR versions.

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Sep 5 2006, 11:51 PM) [snapback]314982[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    OMG, this is sooo true.. :rolleyes:

The conspiracy theorists need to crawl back into the hole they came out of. :angry:

10. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Too close to home for us - we will not watch any of that stuff, and I'm sure that will be for quite a few years to come - we have to change the channel when the ads come up.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Sep 6 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]315461[/snapback]</div>
    ???? :huh:

12. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Sep 6 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]315461[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Don't know if this is the case for Rand, but if someone lost a family member or friend on 9/11, seeing footage or photos from that day can rip that scab open again. I read a story in '02 about a NJ girl whose father died when the towers fell. The only thing on TV she could watch was the Food Network because it was the only network that she could be sure wouldn't show that footage again & again. To her, every time it was shown, she was watching her father die all over again.

13. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

I am glad most of you watched the documentary. Hopefully everyone understands why we're at war. I am getting sick and tired of listening to people bashing on Bush. We need desperately unite and stand behind our country and do whatever it takes to make all of us and our children's future safe.

14. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Sep 7 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]315809[/snapback]</div>
    i think most of us know all too well that we were attacked and that we have to defend our country and ensure the safety of all citizens. i think most people, including myself, have a problem with the fact that the administration called for war against a country who did not produce the terrorists that planned and iniated the terror on 9/11 . we have spent billions of dollars on a war (attack) against this country and our ports, borders, trains, airlines, power plants, etc. are significantly unprotected. (did anyone see the expose a couple years ago about two undercover girls that walked right into our nuclear power plants and were allowed to take pictures???? this is an obvious concern and should have been addressed well before invading iraq) for all the funding that went into the attack in iraq, we would've been a whole lot safer had we used these billions of dollars to secure our homeland in the aforementioned areas. we also would have unencumbered military to deal with n.k. and iran, should the situation warrant. when bush was faced with the very question about how iraq did not house the terrorists that struck us on that day, his reply was "well, they have the same jihad mentality". this was his sole reply and explanation for the attack on iraq. if it's perceived that countries can attack another country solely for ideology, the entire world is not safe let alone the u.s.

15. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Go see the thread about "Clinton wants ABC to pull miniseries"

WHAT DID I TELL YOU!!!!LOLOLOLOLOL

16. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 6 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]315458[/snapback]</div>
    I contract for a global engineering company, and locally we have on staff P.E. certified Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Metals, etc, in addition to Yours Truly Computer Science/Industrial Controls.

The overall opinion of the engineers locally on staff - and a position shared company wide - is that if it WAS a planned demo, it was a piss-poor one.

The collapse of WT1, WT2, and WT7 raises MANY critical issues of building design: life protection systems, structural protection, construction quality, etc. Let's face it, the WT buildings were designed to withstand average events, not critical events. These events are studied and - at least here in Canada and in the EU - engineering codes are changed as a result.

A similar problem existed with the Murrah federal building in OKC. As you may recall, that structure was a nine story reinforced concrete building. Where that All American White Boy Timmy parked the Ryder had widely spaced vertical columns supporting a transfer beam, which carried the weight of the building above the third floor.

There was something odd about how the building was approved and constructed: the reinforced concrete floors were NOT tied into the vertical columns. The horizontal rebar in the floors only lightly touched the heavy vertical column rebar, there was NO mechanical tie. If OKC had been in an earthquake zone - like LA or SFO - the horizontal rebar in the floor would have been tightly tied into the heavy vertical rebar in the columns, at least a metre down.

So what happened was when All American White Boy Timmy walked away from the truck, and 5,000 lbs of diesel and fertilizer blew up, the vertical columns nearest the truck were disintegrated. That left the transfer beam supporting a lot more weight, but the building should have remained standing.

The shock wave propagated through the building, exerting enough force to lift up the heavy concrete floors and break the very weak connection between the floor horizontal rebar and the column vertical rebar. This caused a progressive or "pancake" collapse of most of the building, which is what really caused the demise of most of the victims.

All because the building was built "just good enough" at a resultant cost savings of 15%.

There are many WT1/2/7 and Alfred P Murrah Federal Building structures out there. In most parts of the world, engineering codes were not changed to deal with this threat until only 2-3 years ago. More than likely, if you work in a typical high rise office building built before 2004, that building is vulnerable in some way. Deal with it.

You have a simple choice: buy a clue, get educated, or shut up. I'm really sick and tired of reading your trivial bullshit, especially after a long overseas flight that was delayed numerous times.

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Does anyone remember the jet that crashed in the everglades? all that was left of the plane and its contents was a 10" fin. The conspiracy theorists say there should have been parts of the plane at the Pentagon, again look at the above sentence...

They show the poofs of smoke just before the towers fell, anyone can see its the floors colapsing due the the steel being weakened from the extremely hot burning jet fuel and the weight of the concrete floors.

I have seen the documentries on bldg. demo's they drill holes into the supports and then blast. Theres no way the towers where demo'd.........

God rest those poor peoples souls & thier families... :mellow: :(

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The conspiracy began before Bush took (and I mean, literally, took) office.

Rampant dishonesty, xenophobia, and pseudo-religious moralism have breached the trust of the American People; perhaps irreperably.