1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install aftermarket Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jlowen, Nov 30, 2006.

1. jlowen

jlowen Junior Member

I own a 2005 prius package b -"no nav and no integrated bluetooth"

I have done about five fun-filled hours of web searching and found tons of information about the prius, except installing aftermarket bluetooth kits. Hope the commuinty can help me out.
    I am installing a motorola hf850 car kit.
    The directions state:

1) Connect the motorola fuse kit's green ignition sense wire (3 amp fuse) to an ignition-switched location on the fuse box.
    Does anyone else know where the ignition-switched location on the fuse box is?

2) Connect the motorola power cable's orange entertainment mute wire to the vehicle's entertainment system.
    I believe that my stereo system has an entertainment jack or fuse, being that bluetooth is an option in package d, but where is it? Will it require a relay?

3) Connect the motorola fuse kit's red positive lead (4 amp fuse) to a point in the vehicles fuse box THAT is fused a 4 to 5 amps.
    Where is the fuse box and is that the same place where the ignition switch is?

4) Connect the motorola fuse kit's black ground wire to the chassis.
    I assume as long as the black wire is touching the metal frame, I'm grounded.

I can do wiring and splicing without a problem, but I'm lost when it comes to prius electronics.

I will post progress pictures if all goes well and we can post it in the diy audio section.