1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install of XM SkyFI2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Thomas Brock, May 4, 2006.

1. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

I've got an XM SkyFi2 and it's in a good place (column in front of the secret drawer), but, I'm tired of having to switch FM channels on the modulator.

I've got the package 1 with basic stereo system. Is it possible to direct line to the stereo head unit using a line to the back of the stereo? I don't have the auxiliary input, so the only way I can think of would be direct to the back of the stereo...

I'm not an audio genius and even less so about the Prius...Any help would be appreciated...

2. PriusInsight

PriusInsight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thomas Brock @ May 4 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]249614[/snapback]</div>
    Yes.

There are several vendors. The Vais is well thougtht of.

Another solution would be a wired FM modulator relay. It also uses a "broadcast" channel, but it is directly wired to the radio. When the relay is on, the antenna is "turned" off so there is no interference from commercial broadcast stations.

Some Satelite receivers have built in wired FM modulation. There will a specific cable out "FM out" that will attach to the car antenna socket. These have the modulation in the radio. No switch needed.

Generic wired FM modulators have a RCA jacks that your radio will plug into. There is a manual switch that will turn the modulator on and turn off the car antenna. You switch it off to return to normal car radio antenna operation.

Audiovox has a well thought of device.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There is going to be a group buy for an integration system. It's designed for iPods, but there is an Aux input as well. I have a Pioneer Airware XM radio and I plan to get this for that. Later on I'll be getting an iPod.

You can look here for some more information about adding an audio input.