1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

install Push button start on C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Teacake, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello, all! I did a search for this, but couldn't quite find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if you can install a push button start feature on lower models of the Prius C? Example: I've been looking at C's but cost is a big issue. I figure I should wait to get a higher model with push start to get the whole Prius experience. The PC 2 is more in my price range, though. Any thoughts or ideas? It's at least a $1,000 difference between models 2 and 3, but if there were a way to have someone install push start after-market, I could save quite a bit. Thanks in advance!

2. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I know it can be done - but you still have to put in the key and turn on the ignition for an aftermarket setup. If you are looking for the push button start with the radio key setup - you would probably need all toyota OEM stuff and it would probably cost more than $1000 in parts. If you are taking a loan out $1000 should only be about $20 a month difference.

3. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you, dellrio! I've never gotten into after-market mods, especially not for hybrids. I had no idea how connected the push button is to the overall system. Appreciate the feedback. :)

4. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Teacake, save your money. I am a Car Guy at heart. I would love to have the sporty push button start too . But after driving my Prius C for a few months. When I turn the key and only get the blue dash to light up with that little word READY it just does not do it for me. Having spent $1,000.00 for the push start option I believe would only be salt in that wound. I would buy some music to hear and drowned out the silence.