1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install RS3200+ to a 07 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rotearc, Mar 26, 2007.

1. rotearc

rotearc New Member

I was disappointed the Prius did not come with automatic door lock after the car put into drive. I know there are 3rd party addon, but I was not interested.

After more research, it seems like the RS3200+ with GBS will do the job. I ordered one and installed. From the instruction it said I need to remove Pin 4 from the 16 pins connected at the drivers side block. But when I bring to the dealer to have it program. The scanner won't pickup the DOP security menu. The tech was no help at this point.

I verified everything, everything is in order. any suggestion? Have other 07 Prius owner installed the RS3200+ module to their Prius?

Thanks,

E.

2. pcortes

pcortes Junior Member

Hello E.,

Did the tech have trouble connecting to the car at all, or just the security menu. I've seen a lot of guys forget to install the CAN adaptor to the scanner cable, and that will cause a "no communication" error. If he was able to connect, did he go in through "diagnosis" or "customize"? 9 times out of 10 a tech will be using the diagnostic menu. If he's not really familiar with customizing, or having a bad day, he may have entered the wrong way, and then would not have been able to find the security menu. It's also possible that the menus in the installation instructions do not match the menus on his version of the software, which can sometimes be confusing. Or perhaps his software is out of date. The installation instructions for V.5 require scanner software version 13.1 or later. The instructions do indicate that you should pull the pin with the yellow wire in the top row of the center connector. This should not cause a lack of communication unless you forgot to plug the connector back in or pulled the wrong pin and it happened to be a power or ground pin for the control unit. If you are near Berkeley, I'll take a stab at it if you like. I did an alarm activation on a 2007 Prius (was shipped dormant) for a guy a couple weeks ago. It only took a couple minutes. You can contact me via email. I check it every day.

Paul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(E. Lau @ Mar 26 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]412719[/snapback]</div>

3. rotearc

rotearc New Member

I don't think so, we are able to follow the instuction but we just don't the DOP security option list on the scanner. His scanner is running 14.0. I am in the Bay Area. Let me contact you via PM.

E.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pcortes @ Mar 26 2007, 10:50 PM) [snapback]412742[/snapback]</div>