1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install the EV mod for me

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kfarad, Nov 5, 2006.

1. kfarad

kfarad Junior Member

I read the past threads and realized that I don't want to risk doing it myself.

I want the button next to the steering wheel... not the thing next to the cruise control. I have an 06 package 7 Prius.

Looking for someone who has done it and can do it for me.

I'm willing to pay you.

I'm in the SF Bay area... (Palo Alto) can drive to you.

Anyone interested?

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you're willing to drive to Florida, maybe you could get Evan to do it for you. He wrote the article in the knowledge base. :D

Otherwise I'd go to an independent mechanic you trust. If you're willing to pay, might as well have it done professionally. I've even heard of a Toyota dealership doing it, but I think that was the very rare exception.

I like the Coastal Tech mod on the cruise-control stalk, because I can operate it without taking my hand off the steering wheel, which is nice because you don't want to accelerate using EV, so there are times when you are using the switch a lot: disengaging it to accelerate from a stop sign and then engaging it after coming to speed, and then disengaging it again before accelerating from the next stop sign. Plus, it leaves no visible changes.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 5 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]344231[/snapback]</div>
    You could go to Florida for me to do it....but then you'd have to buy me a ticket from Missouri so I could get to you!!

There should be any number of people more than capable in your area to do this with/for you. Before an independent mechanic I'd go with a stereo installer, personally, if you go the pro route. Just bring all the instructions with you for visit and ask how much they'd charge you to do it ahead of time.