1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installation Help in Northern VA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by NOVA-Prius, Feb 29, 2008.

1. NOVA-Prius

NOVA-Prius Superbad Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm wondering if there's anyone in the Northern Virginia area who would be willing/able to install an EBH, the BT Tech Chassis Stiffening Plate, and the BT Tech Strut Tower Brace in my 2008 Prius?

I have ordered the EBH but haven't ordered the BT Tech mods b/c I don't know how I'll get them installed.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee, as I know everyone's time is valuable. I'm just not mechanically inclined and don't have the tools. I also don't want to argue with a dealership or pay their inflated labor rates, not to mention taking my chances that I'll find someone competent and caring enough to do it right.

Maybe there are others who need help, so we could do a group thing?

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Hey, you may be in luck! We've friends in Reston, VA and were thinking a Prius roadtrip was in order (just over 2 hours from Harrisburg, PA)

I'd love to help you out. I've installed the EBH (it's hard, but not that hard). And would love to help with the suspension parts. That'd be new and maybe even convince me i would like better handling.

the friends wanted seatheaters in an older Ford truck, so we are arranging that with the visit. I'm an ex-installer of many electronic gizmos in vehicles...back in a previous Denver life...see my signature for my Prius mods...

Not sure on dates/times, but sometime when it's a bit warmer. the Reston friends have no garage! I do up here.

anyway, maybe PM me and I can give you a cell # so we can arrange something.

cheers,

Curt.

3. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The EBH is the toughest to install but requires no tools! The Stiffening Plate and Tower Brace installs are really simple and require only a few common tools and a torque wrench that could be borrowed. There are lots of good helps for installation of these items on PriusChat. Some of us, like Finman, would love to help out a rookie Prius Modifier!

Good Luck!

Lee

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not exactly NoVA, but only a couple of hours away in the Richmond area is PC member Green Hokie. He posted a nice set of DIY instructions with pics awhile back. The instructions themselves may inspire you to try it yourself, but if not, maybe he'd be willing to do it if you want to make the drive. I haven't seen him post for a while, so I'm not sure how easy he'll be to track down. Still, it might be worth sending him a PM.