1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installation Issue with LeBra Around Headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by draedie, May 4, 2008.

1. draedie

draedie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I bought a LeBra front end bra/mask almost a month ago, and have only gotten around to installing it this weekend due to time constraints and bad weather. The consumer help number isn't available on weekends and I am very concerned about the way the piece that covers the bumper goes on. It appears that there is no way to attach the piece that goes along the side of the headlight underneath the light. The bottom has a flap that easily tucks in underneath the lower part of the light. The sides have a different kind of flap that will not tuck in all the way (and won't tuck at all on the left side of the car) and is not mentioned in the instructions.

These pictures shows how lose it is, and it can actually be pulled out much further than that.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a picture of the flap that is not mentioned at all in the instructions and won't fit in under the side of the headlight.
    [​IMG]

In the thread Prius bra: 2.5 years later, post #11 by Raider has pictures of his LeBra installed and and states that it is "attached using two inserts on the side of the headlamp and one below the headlamps." His mask appears to be closely attached on the side of the headlight in those pictures.

Does anyone have any experience with this on an '08 Prius? I'm going to have to call the help number on Monday, because that seems like a huge gaping dirt and sand magnet. I can't leave it on there like that. And it doesn't help that nowhere, except in threads here on Priuschat, is there an actual picture from the company of how it looks and attaches onto the car. I bought mine from autoanything.com and they have a sample picture of another brand of car on the website, same thing with the box it came in, and the directions only come with drawn pictures. If I hadn't seen them here on Priuschat, I never would have bought it. I really don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to return it and losing out on the shipping and the 15% restocking fee, not to mention on Monday I will only have three days before the end of my thirty days from purchasing it.​

2. draedie

draedie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Update on installation issue - I talked to the customer service people. The lady I spoke with said she could "see how that could be confusing" that NOWHERE IN THE DIRECTIONS did it say anything about the flaps on the side of the headlights, but that they were in fact supposed to tuck under the lights. She also said some people have trimmed the flap to make it fit easier. I was already thinking about trimming it, so I went ahead and gave it a try. It was still pretty much the same as the previous day. Apparently, the gap on the left side between the car and the light is smaller than on the right side on my particular vehicle. So trimming it really didn't make much of a difference on that side at all. The only way we could get it into place was to removed the clips on the wheel well and start at the very bottom on the light (where it is a wider gap) and slowly work it up into place from there. Very tedious and difficult. I'm not pleased with it at all, but it's not a defect in the product itself so that is not a reason to return it. For now, we are going to keep the mask on until we can save up enough to get the clear stuff put on. Hopefully this is just an issue with my car in particular, as I haven't heard anything about this sort of problem from others.

3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    note to self: stay away from LeBra!

sorry about your issue

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It sounds like the same design as the Toyota bra (which I have), at least insofar as the attachment points around the headlights are concerned. I had the same problem on one side. It was a simple fix: Pop the hood and temporarily loosen one of the screws that anchors the headlight in place.