1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed EV mode and it works....but

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Hryb, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    (This is on my 2007 Prius)

Installed CT's EV Mode Kit. No real problems (except getting by big hand thought the vent.) When I activate EV mode I understand there is no visual or audio indication – but according to Coastal Tech’s documention when I de-activate EV mode I should hear three beeps and the engine will restart. Well the engine restarts, but I don’t have the three beeps. (Yes, I checked and I do have beeps turned on in the MFD.)

Any ideas?

2. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

My experience is that you will only hear three beeps if EV is forced out by a low battery of if you go over 34 mph, or maybe if you press the accelerator too hard. Just turning it off won't get you the beeps.

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't have the Coastal version, but the behavior of mine (which presumably is in the car itself, not the specific mod) is what Cheap describes. In addition, you'll get the 3 beeps if EV is denied when requested: cold ICE, hot battery, >34 MPH, etc.

4. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the coastal ev mod. My experience with the 3 beeps is as described by cheap (when the computer terminates the mode).

I get no indication when ev is selected other than the display is switched to the energy screen. If already on the energy screen there is no indication at all; that is no beeps if denied or no indication of being accepted.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Three beeps indicates the EV DENY condition. This will happen if you try to engage EV and the computer says No, and it will happen if you are in EV and the computer kicks it out of EV.

You can experience this by trying to go into EV when you are going too fast or accelerating at the same time as you try to enter EV; or by stepping hard on the accelerator or exceeding 34 mph while in EV mode.

Going into EV, the MFD will switch to the Energy screen if it is not already there. This will be accompanied by a single beep. But only if you were not already on the Energy screen.

6. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks all. I appreciate the reality check.