1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed: GROM IPD3 & VaisTech Medialinq Plus

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by AtroloTenri, Dec 13, 2012.

1. AtroloTenri

AtroloTenri New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    About time! I had own my GROM module for the longest time and had been wanting to mirror my navigation on the iPhone 4S to the MFD screen. Digging around led me to the CoastalTech Ultimate Lockpick 3 that's not for sale (temporarily). Further digging around led me to VaisTech Medialinq Plus.

I got best of both world now. When I bought my GROM module, I had also bought the Bluetooth that comes along with it for a hefty price. Suited my needs to stream music over bluetooth.

When my Medialinq came in, it was a fun install so to say the least. I'm a complete novice when it comes to cars so if I can do it, anyone can! You need to be able to get to the back of your MFD screen so look up on YouTube on how to do that. Don't fret! Everything in the Prius is mainly tabs, so pull directly towards you and not up or down except on the vents.

After that whole ordeal, I plugged my Medialinq to the 2nd extension behind the radio receiver and GROM module into the harness of the Medialinq plug.

Bluetooth works (not on the same channel as the Medialinq though) and video/audio works on the iPhone 4S. Although tomorrow, I might go back out there and plug factory radio into the harness like the guide says to do and the GROM back into the 2nd extension. We'll see how that goes!

Another thing on the Medialinq is that to have videos working while in motion, you would have to enter the code every time. So if anyone knows how to hardwire a bypass for that, let me know. For those without discipline, just buy the Medialinq Plus (Lite version). Simply no videos while in motion for the same price.

Overall, I kind of wish there was one module that does all and isn't as large. I don't have any space to place the modules. Crammed most of it in the glove compartment.

So if anyone is looking for something similar. This is my report.

Oh yea I own a Prius 2006 with a Gen 5 MFD screen (the tech support from VaisTech will tell you if you don't know what version it is).