1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed JDM EV switch from Sigma - not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by don_chuwish, Jan 25, 2010.

1. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, I'm frustrated enough to beg for help.

The install of the JDM EV switch from Sigma was really pretty simple. I found and read every thread and how to I could find first, with these two being most helpful:

Prius EV Mode
    Prius Mods

I've rechecked everything several times but I get no EV joy. The LED lights up in the button and dims along with the dash light dimmer, but EV mode just doesn't engage.

My kit came with 5 identical wires and molex pins and the one I used for PIN #27 of the ECU seemed to go in with the right feel and locked in place. Ground wire is connected to a bolt behind the switch panel just like on the evnut page.

Everything looks perfect to me so I don't know how anyone is going to help, but I just have to throw it out there and hope for miracles. Thanks!

- D

2. don_chuwish

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just for the sake of sharing, here's a pic of the wiring.
    Connections are as follows (as per evnut guide):

Pin 1 - Switch ground - to a grounded bolt
    Pin 2 - Light ground - tapped gray wire on dimmer
    Pin 3 - Light +12V - Rheostat controlled - tapped red wire on dimmer
    Pin 4 - Switch positive. Connected to pin 27 on the ECU

Attached Files:

3. don_chuwish

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK this is fixed.

The molex pin provided by Sigma/JDM seemed to fit into the ECU plug fine but must not have been making contact. I harvested a pin from the plug under the signal stalk and used that instead. Works perfectly now.
    I'm hoping that EV mode will enable me to get out of the garage and down the hill to the main road without engaging the ICE. Once underway on the main road I won't mind if it does it's warming up. Plus just the plain novelty and fun of it of course.

- D

4. Scottybk

Scottybk New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----