1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed new Pioneer FH-X720BT

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MeetGeorgeJetson, May 12, 2015.

1. MeetGeorgeJetson

MeetGeorgeJetson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Put in a new Double Din HU in Rosie the wonder car.. Bought it after bugging the guys at Crutchfield a couple times, asking all sorts of stupid questions. Nothing is as easy as the instructions make it look but overall it went without too many glitches. Did close the hatch with the battery disconnected.... WONT DO THAT AGAIN... Have become a pro at popping the assorted console panels out. Though in all honesty the first one was a little terrifying, didn't want to break anything considering I have not even made my first payment yet.
    Anyway ran the external mic through the dash, over the bridge and through the woods to the A pillar, tucked it nice and easily into the headliner and used a little bit of double stick foam pad to adhere the little bugger right up by the rearview mirror. Very seamless. Blue tooth works really well and the external mic is years better then me screaming at my iPhone stuck to the vent mount that i have.. Overall a very cool experience, not sure if I'm ready to tackle speakers yet but this gave me a bit of confidence.. IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1199.JPG

KananDume and Sergiospl like this.
  2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Nice looking HU. Does it integrate seamlessly with all operations?

3. MeetGeorgeJetson

MeetGeorgeJetson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yea everything seems to be working fine, and bluetooth is great so far, I tested 4 calls to various people and it worked well.. I take that back, either the Axxess box programed incorrectly or I screwed something but the steering wheel buttons for volume and channels are screwy, The other set of display/temp buttons are working fine though, not sure if I have it in me to disassemble the console again and see if I spliced into the wrong wires.. Not sure if its the weather but one local station is coming in weaker than it used to. Overall very happy with the radio.