1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed new speakers in my 05'

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by J.Wilkie, Jul 15, 2007.

1. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Now I have never tried to install speakers myself. I usually prefer to have others do the work for me. However, I decided after reading several threads and using two different guides (thanks to EcoBunny and Sparky) that I could do it.

Door panel removal was a cinch, getting the riveted speakers out can be a pain and that took me the longest on the first door. (I had my nephew assist me, I would pull a door apart remove the speaker and he would finish the installation of the speaker) Then I would put the door panel back on the door he finished. So doing it as a team we changed all four speakers in about 2.5 hours.

The only soundproofing I did was the Extreme dynamat 10 X 10 speaker panels.

I'm pleased with the new sound of the speakers. Although, I have the JBL system the new speakers are way better. The sound is more crisp and even my wife noticed a difference after the install.

Next is a powered subwoofer..............