1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed this taillight trailer light converter on my 2012 Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Georgina Rudkus, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I wasn't happy after checking all those etrailer videos with the direct plug-in kits.

2012 Toyota Prius v Trailer Wiring | etrailer.com

They cost twice as much or more that a standard powered converter. And four extra bulky plugs and all of the extra "rats nest" wire turned me off.

So, I purchased this one from Amazon that works perfectly.

There was not enough room around the mini LED brake-running light connectors to used the supplied insulation displacement connectors. So, I used the newer 3M developed "flag" type insulation displacement connectors that accept 1/4 inch spade connectors crimped on securely to the wire ends.

I installed the brake, running and left turn signal wires to the left tail light and the right turn signal to the right tail light.

driver side connections.JPG passenger side right turn connection.JPG 3M flag-spade connectors.JPG

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have used 20-22-24 gauge Posi-Tap IDC connectors with similar good results.

Not my video, but informative: