1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installers in Metro Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sarir97, Jun 29, 2013.

1. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can anyone vouch for Phoenix/metro shops/installers for aftermarket parts, such as audio, HID kits, JDM mirrors, etc? I am so not a DIY'er...

2. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For my 2012 Prius Gen III 2 late last year, I had my Alpine IVE-W530 Dual DIN Bluetooth/DVD player with Kenwoods installed at Audio Express in Mesa. Ask for Ian (one of the store managers), he will work with you on every one of your requests and concerns. A great customer guy no doubt. The stereo sounds out of this world, the bass thumbs the rear view mirror and the FM reception is superb compared to the OEM stereo. Consider that not too many Prius go in for stereo installs so finding experience installers is a plus.

3. michinnom

michinnom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Audio express is easy to work with. Be sure to ask them to keep you informed every once in a while so you know when they encounter something atypical when compared with other cars. They, the installers, should be utilizing install manuals for every aftermarket part for each particular vehicle, as they has access to databases, oftentimes, these installers skip this step to save time which means sacrificing overall install quality, but most people don't know this as all wires are hidden out of sight. So, just because wires and evidence of lower quality install jobs are hidden behind the scenes, doesn't mean you have to be a victim. Be up front about how they are planning on installing the particular product you want.

4. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is not very comforting... :-/
    What I want installed, the HID lighting and Prestigious Society Navigation bypass, the Stage 10 electronic shifter seem to be plug and play, with well documented how-to's. Probably an additional amp and subwoofer to top off the JBL system. The TRD rear sway bar... I'm undecided as of yet whether to drop the car and add 17s.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with "Handcrafted Car Audio" ?

5. michinnom

michinnom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Unfortunately, many installers are like this...nature of the business.