1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing a 12 volt Battery in 3rd Generation 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Prius Neverwhere, May 30, 2015.

1. Prius Neverwhere

Prius Neverwhere New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi everyone,

I had written up a thread to post to help others STEP BY STEP with pictures to replace the battery, but since newbie - I couldn't post the content. I have to wait 1 day and add another 3 posts before I can add links. Wish I had known this because I spent a good hour doing this.

Ah well, if interested message me and I can send you the WORD document I copied it into. Glad to be a part of this forum and all the information the community provides.

Cheers!

kknguyen1168 likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome, and thanks for the effort!(y)as a general rule, if you never drain the battery all the way, by leaving a light on and etc., they should be good of 7 or 8 years. my '04 was getting week in may of 2012, and my '08 was fine until my daughter left a light on at the airport last winter. it's still okay, but she plans to replace it this fall.

3. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Post it up after required posts are settled. Wife has a 2012 v and I will be proactive of her 12v next year. Thanks for your efforts.

4. Prius Neverwhere

Prius Neverwhere New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good info...my wife left the cabin light on most likely while we were away for a trip. Prius would start and stop after the initial jump start, but didn't want to find my wife or the kids stranded due to a weak battery. Always good to check the charge on the battery at a local auto parts store...they have the voltmeter to check the status of the battery (rather than going out to buy one if you are on a limited budget).

Post to post until I can upload the file....

OK...apparently the forum doesn't allow posting of WORD documents, so I converted it to a ZIP document. See attached.

FYI - if toruble viewing, try Full screen reading or web layout, otherwise the pictures are cutoff in the PRINT layout. If someone can fix and make it more easy to view, would appreciate your handy work and reposting to the thread. I'm not that savvy with WORD myself =)

Attached Files:

ReDave and TsKarma like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, great write up and pics, thank you!(y)

6. ReDave

ReDave Junior Member

Central California, Sierra/Sequoia Foothills
    Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank You!

7. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey, great instructions! Auto zone has the optima for about $225. Last time I replaced one (my 2007) a mobile mechanic came out (no choice!)... Over $400... Not this time. :)