1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing a existing XM Radio Unit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ntantaros, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ntantaros

ntantaros New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just picked up my 2008 Prius. When I picked it up the dealer said something about installing my existing XM Radio in my Prius. He made it sound like they could instal my plug and play XM Radio and make it so I could use the Prius screen, etc. Is this true? Everything I read makes it seem like i need a special made Prius XM Radio in order to use the screen.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While the sound will be modifiable via the touch screen I don't believe they'll be able to get the XM (you failed to say what model) to be fully compatible through the touch screen.

If you wish that go for the Toyota made product.

3. ntantaros

ntantaros New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is there a way to use the AUX input? Can i plug my XM Radio into the AUX Input?

Can't you also plug a Ipod into the Aux input?

What kind of cable do i need?

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The AUX adapter accepts the standard size mini-plug (the same size plug on your iPod headphones). You can pick up a cable that works with your audio device from Radio Shack or online.