1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing a JL cleansweep ssi and dsp

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by OGC1BlackHeartBloodJL21, Jan 25, 2011.

1. OGC1BlackHeartBloodJL21

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have gone thru every thread on here and google and still cannot find the wring diagrahm for a 2007 prius. i tried using the 06 and 08 diagrams that a found but they dont match up. my prius has the amp model 86280-0W460, there is 3 connectors to the amp 2 whites and a blue. I also went to toyota dealership and they said they dont have that information(which i know is bs because i got the wiring diagram from them for my old 06 toyota scion).

So my question is does anyone have the wiring diagrahm for the 2007 prius?

also would like some pointers on how i should install this as i have read conflicting articles. some say just to hook up the dsp, some say both,some say to only hook up to the rear woofers, some say to hook up after amp and some say before(idk how to even hook up before amp without wiring diagrahm) or im i over thinking that part, because from my understanding there is only 2 (f+,f-,r+,r-) channels goign into the amp and 4 ch coming out(Lf+,Lf-,Rf+,Rf-, etc.) so not sure how i would hook up before as the cleansweep has the 4ch that i need to hook up to the amp therefore making me belive i need to hook up after amp. it makes more sense to hook up before amp but i just dont get how to do it?

I would take it to the authorized jl installer but i went there to ask them a question about the cleansweep and they didnt even know what it was. so im not going to pay them to mess with my car when they dont even know the products they sell.

My goal here is to keep the head unit and jbl amp and the jbl speakers fully functional, not going to replace them as i dont have the funds and im happy with the sound they put out for coming with the car. I just want to add my old sub and amp from my scion. i had the dsp and ssi put into the scion when i bought it back in 06 but i lived in a different part of nys and that installer shop retired a couple years later.

i have a 2007 prius touring (which came with the jbl system with bluetooth and the hid's and 16" wheels) the dealer had a aftermarket shop install leather for the original owner. im the second owner as of last year. there is no nav. I have purchased a optima battery and im going to install that and a second battery (kinetik) as soon as i get this cleansweep situation solved.

Thanks in advance for you help. you guys aare great.

2. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I found this on Crutchfield's site at one point, but it's for non-JBL 2007. Can't for the life of me find WHERE on the site again now tho.

- D

Attached Files: