1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing a Toyota or 3rd Party Navigation System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 1enigma1, May 16, 2005.

1. 1enigma1

1enigma1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2005 Prius and want to add a navigation system (could not get pkg. 6 with it). Now, I have the standard radio/CD. I looked at the Toyota model listed at http://www.oemvalue.com/request/toyotanav and they have not tested it with the Prius.

Has anyone tested this model successfully or tested and integrated (into the existing display retaining the touch capabilities) another model into the 2005 Prius?

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't think anyone has yet found a source for the Denso OEM GPS module that Toyota installs in the Prius. All of the GPS modules that are offered for other Toyota models are stand-alone complete units with the screen integrated (and won't work with the Prius screen).

I went with a Garmin Streetpilot 2610 GPS that sits on my dash - it's not as convenient as an integrated GPS, but the software is arguably far better than Toyota's, and has the benefit of being portable.

They also have a couple new models out (c320/c330) which look like they'd look right at-home on a Prius dash.

Dave

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I don't think the non-NAV MFD has RGBS inputs to make use of the video screen for an aftermarket NAV or any other video, but it could be that it is undocumented.