1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing Block Heater

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ThreeDEf, Nov 8, 2013.

1. ThreeDEf

ThreeDEf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I purchased the Block Heater last year around this time in hopes of installing it and having the heater ready to go for Winter. I got to a point where I didn't have the right tools (socket extension I believe) and I was wondering if anyone here could be of assistance.

My first question is whether there's a kind soul in the NKY/Cincinnati area who has installed one of these into a Gen III prius. I would appreciate some help with this.

My second question is whether anyone has information on the necessary tools before I get back under the hood to try this again. I have the instructions in a PDF file, (not certain where I grabbed them from) and it doesn't list the sizes I'd need to cover for the operation.

sdtundra likes this.
  2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I too am thinking about taking this on as I have had it sitting in my garage since last October.