1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing Canview question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dzucc, Feb 4, 2007.

1. dzucc

dzucc New Member

I would like to install the canview in my 2007 Prius but I don't want an extra LCD to display information. Is there any way to install using the factory display? Sent an email to canview but have not heard back.
    David

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Short answer is NO.

Long answer is its possible but it would cost too much time and money to interface the Can-View to the new 06-07 MFD. The new screen requires a new digital GVIF interface to convert the analog signal. The 04-05 Prius could use a straight RGBS connection.

I put a motorized in-dash Lilliput screen in mine. Works great and looks good to.

3. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-IVSP Pilot @ Feb 4 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]385268[/snapback]</div>
    The answer is no. The problem is that starting with the 2006 model a digital rather than an analogue system for the MFD was used by Toyota and for reasons that I can not explain, it is not possible to use the CAN-VIEW with the 2006 and later MFD.

If you look here http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=27906&hl= there are some ideas for how to mount a second screen which are not a lot of trouble and do not involve drilling or cutting to the car. Any of us who have done it would be happy to share our experience if you ask.

Norm will get back to you with a better explaination, I am sure.

You can also get more information at Norm's web site which is here: http://hybridinterfaces.ca/products.html

4. dzucc

dzucc New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Feb 4 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]385277[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you.
    David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Feb 4 2007, 05:30 PM) [snapback]385274[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for the info.
    David