1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing Clazzio and seatbelt removal. What is proper torque for seatbelt bolt in rear center?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by yazyazoo, Sep 8, 2014.

1. yazyazoo

yazyazoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Didn't know I had to remove the belt in the center when installing the Clazzio. I couldn't get the bolt off and decided to wait to buy an extender for my wrench so I could get the bolt off.

I am more concerned about getting the right torque for the bolt when I have to tighten it. I want to make sure it matches Toyota specs. Any ideas what this is? Someone mentioned Locktite and tighten but in an accident I don't think loctite would help much with the forces place on the belts.

Thanks.

2. Squirt

Squirt Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In the absence of factory torque values, a table like this can be useful.

Metric Bolt Torque Table - CNCexpo.com

Don't use thread locker, and don't over-think this. In reality, I've removed/reinstalled the seatbelts in probably a dozen cars, never torqued the bolts, and never had any issue, but it's your decision and your comfort level. If you want to be overly cautious, have them re-installed by the dealership.

3. El Squish

El Squish Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From the manual: 42Nm or 31 ft/lbs. That's for both the buckle and strap side of all the seat belts in the car. You don't need locktite.

4. yazyazoo

yazyazoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Thank you!!!